Thursday 23 April 2015

April SFS

April - Spent: 74.07€ - Earned: 20€

Sounds scary, right? But believe it or not, I did have enough budget saved up to cover that and some more! In fact, I had a carry over of 63.90€ from last month, so my new carry over should be 63.90 + 25 + 20 -74.07 = 34.83€, which is still nice I guess :)

But let's start from the beginning...back in March, I had placed an order with my favourite German online needlework store for the pattern of Ink Circle's Turtles all the way down (8.99€), which I really wanted, along with a few other things like bobbins and a new q snap cover that don't count for SFS.  They didn't get back to me for over a month, so about two weeks ago I finally emailed them and they told me the pattern was back ordered from ther US supplier. Those guys are super-friendly when you contact them, but really, if it takes that long would it hurt to send out an email themselves?  Anyways, in the meantime I had discovered that they had the 2011 Christmas ornament issue of Just Cross Stitch on sale for only 3€, which has 76 ornament patterns by some really great designers, and I had to add that to the order. A few days ago, the whole thing finally arrived (except for the q snap cover, they will be sending that seperatly), and I LOVE the ornament magazine, there are some cute things in there and I really want to stitch almost half of these designs, I think that's a great deal for 3€ :D They also included an old issue of Cross Country Stitching as a gift, most of the designs in there aren't really my style but some are quite cute and hey, free patterns! :)


So, that accounts for 11.99€ of my spending, but what about the big chunk of 62.08€? Well, that was lost at ebay, actually - in the beginning of April, I scored a lot of four brand new Disney Dreams kits for that amazing price! Namely The Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty, Fantasia and Beauty & the Beast, which I already had and am now planning to sell to make up for the shipping and customs charges I had to pay. But still, that's about 20€ for each of the three kits I could actually add to my collection (see full collection on the right), which is a great deal, and leaves me only three kits (Snow White, Bambi and Winnie the Pooh) short of owning them all - now I only need to find time to actually stitch them all up!

I also got the latest shipment of my thread club, this time including another storage box and some size 24 gold plated needles. I don't really use 24, but there should be some 26 and 28 in subsequent shipments, and I adore the little testube thing they're packt into! Sadly, no hand dyed skein this month, just a note that it would be shipped seperatly, so I'm expecting two skeins next time around...


As for the earning, I had another page finish on Dark Force (12€), Magical's Ornament of the Month for April (35x35 stitches -> 4€) and the two sides of her Fob of the Month for March, each sized about 25x25 stitches (2x 2€).





14 comments:

D1-D2 said...

I've been thinking of getting one of those Disney kit, but wasn't sure of the quality of the pattern. How does it look once stitched? Does it loose detail?

Leonore Winterer said...

I really like those kits - even the quality of the kit is pretty good, the floss is okay and the aida is really nice and soft :) And the quality of the patterns is really good in my opinion - if you check my finishes of 2014, you'll find the small Little Mermaid one I finished last year, and I'm currently working on Lady and the Tramp, which should have an update soon :)

katjakay said...

So much fun stuff for you this month, I'll keep my eyes open for the Disney patterns you still need, not that I've ever found any around here, but you never know.

Linda said...

Love all of your new stash Leonore. I have a few of those Disney kits but they kinda scare me.

Linda

EvalinaMaria said...

Great stash and you did so well with your earning and savings. Congratulations!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Oh my dear! Your stash is coming along so nicely! I patiently await Jungle Book <3

Susan said...

WOW! You got a lot of stash for what you spent! Great job staying within the budget.

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you! I'm keeping my eye on ebay as well, but I think there are a few other things I need to spend my budget on before I get the missing ones ~

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you :) Don't be scared, it's just one stitch after the other in the end, just like every other project as well :D

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you! I hope to earn a bit more next month, there still so much stash I need haha :D

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks! Maybe we'll meet somewhere along the way, with me stashing and you destashing...Jungle Book would be awesome, I hope they'll do that one soon!

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks! I didn't plan on spending this much, but I just couldn't resist that deal...

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great budgeting! I bought the JCS CDs with the back issues on. It's not so much fun as browsing real magazines but they take up considerably less space!

Leonore Winterer said...

That's true, I'd be thinking about doing that as well but sadly I don't have a app-capable device yet :(