Sunday 7 January 2018

2018 WIPocalypse Kickoff

It's WIPocalypse time - and I'm on time to post! Gasp! It's a new year's miracle.

It's the first Sunday of the year, and that means introducing myself and my plans. So here we go:

Hi, I'm Leonore, I'm 28 years old and from Southern Germany. I life together with my fiancé (yes, there will be wedding planning this year!) and my extended family includes my grandparents who life nearby and with whom I still spend a lot of time. In real life I'm a computer scientist working towards my PhD, which makes me travel around the world from time to time. I love cross stitch, knitting and crochet, and I'm also trying to learn how to sew. I also like to try out new crafts and have a few things lined up, we'll see if I can get to them this year! My other hobbies include reading and videogames, and I like to watch movies and shows while I craft.

Now for my plans - last year I decided to not make any plans, which was fun, but also lead to not having a lot of finishes. This year, I wanted to make things a bit more structured, so I made a '18 in '18' list like I've seen with some other bloggers. You can find the details as well as current picture in a tab at the tob of this blog, but here is the short version:

1) Fire and Ember SAL - one page a month, finish in October
2) The Puppeteer - one length of thread a day
3) Snow White - one length of thread a day
4) 99 - finish by August
5) The Mermaid - new start once 99 is finished
6) Cut Thu' Cottage - finish as soon as possible
7) Wacky Witches in Stitches - finish before Halloween
8) Viajante - finish
9) Baby Blanket CAL - finish
10) Arke - finish
11) BB8 Amigurumi - finish
12) Endangered Young 'Uns - start and finish one
13) Fans of the Far East - reach Halfway Point
14) Lizzie Wallet SAL - finish
15) Lady and the Trap - finish Page 2, start 3
16) Ornaments of the Mont 2015 - finish (finish) all, 1-x a month
17) Disney Princess Fobs - finish all, one a mont + extra
18) Blackwork Waterlilies - finish

So these are my plans for the year - quite a bit to do! 99 will be my focus piece for now. As it can get quite boring to stitch a lot of bottles back to back, I will try setting myself small goals on my projects, then stitch between one and three bottles (depending on the size of the goal) and so on. We'll see where that brings me in a month or two!





10 comments:

katjakay said...

That's a great list of plans, and so many fun things on it.

Stitching Noni said...

Great plan for 2018! I applaud everyone who stitches 99! Good luck :)
Hugs x

Katie said...

Good luck with your plans.

OhSewCrafty said...

Wonderful selection of projects, You definitely have plenty to keep you busy. BB8 is so cute. Good luck with 99, a few bottles at a Time sounds like a plan.

Suz said...

Wonderful list! Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress :)

Mii Stitch said...

Good luck with the new plan, you have chosen a great selection of projects.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm so delighted with all the people doing 18 in 18 this year!

Love the list of projects. Are you trying to drink the beers to go with 99? That does slow the stitching LOL

And a wedding! How exciting. I'll be there in spirit.

Linda said...

Great stitching plans and projects Leonore. I'll be cheering you on.

Linda

Bethan said...

Such a great list of plans - I look forward to seeing them (especially the Disney Princess fobs!) x

Brigitte said...

Sieht gut aus, deine Liste.
Ich hatte mir auch eine Weile überlegt, bei 18 in '18 mitzumachen. Aber ich kenne mich zu gut - wenn ich so eine Liste habe, dann sieht die zwar schön aus, aber ich werde an allem anderen sticken, nur nicht an den Projekten auf der Liste.