Wednesday 28 February 2018

Zodiac SAL - Aquarius

As has become the way of things, again I'm sneaking in for my Zodiac SAL check in on the very last day of the month.

First, here is my birthstone ornament for the month: As usual, the front was already stitched and I just added the back, a very simple on in this case. In fact I still need to finish-finish this one, which I will probably do together with the March ornament once that is ready.


This month's sign was Aquarius, and the corresponding Disney princess - according to my friend who knows about these things, since she has no 'official' birthday as far as I know - is Pocahontas. Now when I look at the character desciption Jo gave for Aquarius people - free spirits; running of to the other end of the world, then feeling lonely and disconnected; colourful characters and countercultural personalities as friends - that is quite a good fit actually!

I started working on her ornament, which is actually more of a pincushion/biscornu as it is quite big. I didn't get very far, but once I finish the creme lines It's just filling in and should go rather quickly.


6 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely work on both!

Katie said...

Great work on both pieces.

Brigitte said...

Auf das fertige Pocahontas Ornament bin ich sehr gespannt.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

So much pretty!

Pamela said...

Very nice! I agree, that description does fit Pocahontas.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Zodiac SAL this month.
Love the way Pocohontas fits the description. Someone did their homework!