Monday 24 February 2014

February IHSW - Recap

I swear, one of these days I'll spend an IHSW just as it is meant to be spent...but this month wasn't it. All week I have been reeeeally busy with The little Mermaid because I wanted to get the cross stitching part done, and then for the weekend, motivation just...left me. And knowing me as I do, I felt like this was a time to slow down rather than to push through; don't want some stitchers-burnout or something hit me. But at least I got to join Carla and Crystal on the hangout for some time, which was quite awesome despite me being terribly shy about my spoken English. I hope that next time I can join them for a while longer, but I can't promise because it's my birthday that weekend and people tend to assume I want to spend time with them on that day - however do they get that idea, I ask you? ^.~

So here's my combined week-of-IHSW-progress...even going slow, it shouldn't take me more than a few days to finish now, then some crazy backstitching-action, and then off to find a nice frame for it!

That is, if those items for a gift I'm planning to make don't arrive earlier than expected, because once they do, I'll have to focus on them - SFS rules and stuff like that. By the way, I'm holding off with my SFS post for a few more days because I'd like to really show you guys what I got, along with the crazy german pricing of stitch supplies - I do SO envy you sometimes...

9 comments:

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

It was wonderful to have you with us!! I'm really glad you have a valid reason for not being with us next time, being your birthday at all that, but April you had better be there AND your English is awesome....I will even help you feel comfortable by singing my famous Wo Ist Der Tisch song for you! You will beg me to never sprechen Deutsch ever again!

Cannot wait to see the mermaid finished and more of the PT <3

Unknown said...

It was great to have you for the short time. And hey, maybe you can teach me some German! ^_^

I'm loving the progress of this Little Mermaid and I can't wait to see what you SFS post is. :D

katjakay said...

I was so sorry to have missed you on the hangout, we will get there at the same time someday.

Ana said...

It looks wonderful! :) I'm looking forward to see it finished. :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Haha, well with the promise of this song, how could I not come? I'm really curious now!

Leonore Winterer said...

It was great being with you too - I can surely try if you want me to :)

SFS post is coming today...I think...when I can convince myself to start writing *g*

Leonore Winterer said...

I sure hope so, would be a shame if not :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you, I hope you soon will :)

Unknown said...

I can understand that. hehe. It took me a while to motivate me to post mine too.