Thursday 27 February 2014

February SFS

So I guess it's time for February SFS now, tomorrow being the deadline and all. I actually wanted to wait until all of my parcels have arrived so I could just SHOW you everything I got, but that last one doesn't even have a shipping confirmation yet, so I might as well post now.

First of all - I wasn't nearly as good in February as in January, but I guess that's allowed as long as I keep to the budget - which I suppose I did but I haven't actually calculated that yet, so this might come as a surpise for me as well! Let's just start with a picture of everything that has arrived so far:


First off we have 'A Cross Stitcher's Oriental Odyssey', a wonderful book by the wonderful Joan Eliot, containing amongst others the patterns of the three Oriental Ladies I'd really like to stitch some day. Sadly it's been out of print for a while, but I managed to snatch a very well preserved used one for the breattaking amount of 3€, which is great and I'd love to stitch almost everything in there eventually ^_^

Then, I finally ordered the Kreinik Cord I will eventually need for PT - my favorite online shop is truely awesome, because they don't normaly stock this kind of floss but the ordered it especially for me at no extra cost - which is another 1.99€, and since I didn't want to pay shipping fees for just this one article, I also got the starting supplies for the Game of Thrones bookmarks - a 15.5"x17.5" piece of 16ct antique white aida (2.99€) and a total of 8 skeins of DMC floss à 95ct - I only got the colors for two out of nine bookmarks and I will order the rest with my next bigger order from the US.

Finally, the Thomas Kinkade Disney Dreams Collection: The Lion King kit you can see in the picture was my gift for myself for the splurge weekend; I had so much fun working on The Little Mermaid that I want to make the big ones too; all of them, eventually, even though that probably will be work for a life time. But I'll start collecting the kits now before someone stops producing them (*shoots a nastly glance at Zweigart and DMC and all the others who think that stopping to make certain supplies is a neat idea*). Anyway, that was $29.99 for splurge weekend, + horrendous amounts of shpping which thankfully doesn't count for SFS, but I realized that buying those kits here for the ~45€ they usually cost is not really more expensive once you add shipping and import taxes.

So, my total comes to 15.58€ which equals $21.28 at today's rate, plus $29.99 out of $100 from the splurge weekend. I also ordered two small kits for 4.50€ ($6.14) each that I want to make for my grandma's birthday, but if they arrive soon and I start working on them right away, I (hopefully) won't have to add them to my total.


That much for SFS, now a short excursionto this week's progress so far: I finish cross stitches on the Little Mermaid, now I only need to add the backstitch when I feel like doing so sometime before April and I should be fine. For now I'm taking a little break with PT, but as I won't be home next week I'll have to decide on some smaller project to take with me, probably wither Seashell Treasures or those bookmarks I was talking about earlier. And once I get home, there might be a whole lot of extra stitching time, because me amazon Prime account just got upgraded to unlimited video streaming yesterday and there's sooo much on there I NEED to watch ^_^

11 comments:

katjakay said...

The Lion King is the one I want, I have a minor obsession with that movie. But I'm being good and not getting anything, not because of SFS, but my promise to myself to get my BAP's under control. Which means no new BAP pattern's for at least 2 years. I don't actually expect myself to stick to this, but I can dream.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

You spent pretty much the same as I did but you seem to have ordered more! You will have plenty to do this year :D

Unknown said...

I have that same Oriental book! ^_^ Got mine at a used book store a couple of years ago. There are some great patterns in there that I will get to.....eventually. I actually bought it for the Panda pattern since my mom's school mascot is a Panda. :)

Leonore Winterer said...

It's the ciiiiircle of life - nope, absolutely no obsession on my part, nonono *coughs*
Well, you there are also some cute smaller versions/cutouts of the Kinkade pattern...*hinthin*

Leonore Winterer said...

Well, the book was quite a bargain, but aside from that I didn't get that much. But I agree, I'm already really busy for the rest of the year and probably way beyond, even without everything else I still got planned...

Leonore Winterer said...

It's beautiful, isn't it? Those oriental patterns are so colorful, but the look rather easy to stitch too! The panda is really cute too :)

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

So there is a Panda Pattern in that book??

Leonore Winterer said...

There sure is, cute little guy sitting in a pile of bamboo...I just saw there's also a kit by Joan Elliott that has a whole row of pandas, the one in the book is the little guy on the far right: http://www.crossstitchworld.com/cross-stitch-detail.php?RecordID=DW9956

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

I have the Panda Row Kit, I love it. My daughter is a collector of Panda's so I have Panda things in my stash :D

Unknown said...

The patters are wonderful and full of color. Carla - I'll have to keep an eye out for other panda things then ;)

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Yes please!!