Monday 29 August 2016

Mad Summer Finish Dash - Day 23 + WIPocalypse

Oh my, another busy weekend and I'm so far behind with posting now, but I'm going to do my best to catch up before the month is over - I have so many exciting progress to share, after all! This post is going to double as my entry for WIPocalypse, not because it is the post for the actual day of the entry (that was the 22nd) but because there is something in it that I wanted to show for WIPocalypse. So without further ado - let's get on it!

So, the 23rd was Tuesday last week. As far as I recall, there wasn't anything special going on that day - which is a good thing, as it meant I got some good stitching time in! But more importantly - Felix got some good FRAMING time in, so the grandchildren project is all nice and framed now, and I have to say I'm pretty proad of him, he did a great job!


 For new stitching, I did work on the Strawberries Sampler, and I did finish the double cross stitch row from yesterday. Then I got thinking, and as we were leaving for a long weekend again on Thursday, I decided I wanted to finish this project before then, so I just focused - I stitched two more bands (another row of plain cross stitch, and the last of the 'pulled' stitches) and started on the very last band, which is all cross stitch again. So close now!


Now to make this an official WIPocalypse post, of course I also need to answer the question of the month, although it will be a short answer this time: Have you ever read any fictional books that involve embroidery?  If so, give us some recommendations? Measi asked, and I have to they, I don't think I did. Probably some book (like a historical novel or something) mentioned it around the sides, but nothing where it was actually a plot point. Although I did recently discover a German series of crime novels featuring a cross stitching police officer, those are definitely on my to-read list now!

5 comments:

Brigitte said...

Das habt ihr zwei toll hinbekommen - du das Sticken und Felix das Rahmen. Sieht so gut aus!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The framed Grandchildren look awesome! Felix did a great job. I think you and him should make a little wager about the first person to call one of them a weed in the garden of grandchildren! There's usually one uncle who makes such jokes...

Suz said...

Nice framing!

And I don't post on all of your Mad Summer Finish Dashes, but I love seeing all of these updates!

Tiffstitch said...

That looks wonderful framed! I'm glad I kept going back through the posts I'd missed to find it. :)

Heather said...

Lovely framing and progress :)