It's been a while since I updated without having a SAL to answer to, but here I am, having progress to show and now check-in in sight - am I missing something? I think it's because WIPocalypse has moved to the end of the month instead of lingering around somewhere in the middle! In any case, let's get to that progress now.
With just being one day late, I finished page 7 of the Fire and Ember SAL on February 1st. This also marks the end of the first row of pages, and I'm still amazed by how awesome this looks when taking a step back - Jody is amazing with her charts! I also think my fixing is reasonably well hidden, so I continue working on this. Yay me!
I have since started my 8th page (which is actually page 14, I'm working down the fixing-section on the far left) and made some progress, this should be done way before the end of the month this time.
Of course, I also worked on my 'mystery' start, and as of today, it won't be a mystery anymore! Jo got it right again, it's a fan, or rather, it will be three fans - Joan Elliotts 'Fans of the Far East', and I'm working on the middle fan right now. Here is where I am today:
I've also had a small new start...I got this awesome book with little beaded boxes for Christmas, and was just about to dive in and buy a lot of new beads, when I remembered that I actually bought a small kit using a similar technique a while back, so I might as well try that one out first. This is a little beaded pin kit from mill hill, also working with cylindric beads and peyote stitch, and I'm having a ton of fun with it! I got this on sale at sewandso for really cheap, but sadly, those kits seem to be out of production, so I can't easily get the other ones now...but that's okay, I can always start my boxes when I'm finished! I'm trying to pace myself and only work on this a little at a time, but I'm having so much fun it's difficult to put down.
Lastly, here's my current progress on The Puppeteer. 356 more stitches of black!