Tuesday 21 March 2017

Alphabet Club Catch Up - N

My last post has been a while, but I am back now with fun stuff, and madly trying to catch up before the end of the alphabet! This week, my letter is N, and since I didn't find a proper 'N' picture among my stitching, here is the November Ornament from the series my friend Magical did a few Years ago.


My word of the month is 'Nesthäkchen'. Literally, it means something like 'nest hooklet', but I've been told it actually originates from 'hocken' as in 'sitting' - so something or someone small, sitting in a nest. 'Nesthäkchen' means the youngest of a group (usually the youngest child of a family) and often, but not always, means being spoiled as well (as often happens with youngest children when everyone dotes on them).

6 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Interesting phrase that encompasses a lot of what my younger brother has. :) Nice topaz ornament!

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful stitching Leonore :)

Pamela said...

Nest hooklet. I love these language lessons.

Katie said...

Great N post. Thanks for sharing.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely ornie and a great word. Definitely applies to most youngest siblings I know.

Brigitte said...

Jetzt dauert es nicht mehr lange und du hast aufgeholt. Und wahrscheinlich wirst du mich noch überholen, lach.
Schönes unübersetzbares Wort diese Woche. Aber wenigstens kann man's schön erklären.